Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ravished in histories long summers

My muse
My moon
My luminary of heaven sent
My Summer's King
A thousand pieces of silver
A thousand of gold
I send you gems of lapis lazuli
You make the fallow field into a vineyard
Into orchards
Triremes Greek beneath your depths
Galleys Roman long have slept
Of Phoenicians you have known
My middle Sea of ancient world
Endlessly your waves crash
Rivers from the shores you touch
Cannot quench my longing
Bringing once again to light sunken wrecks thought lost to time
You are my King
The ways of heaven before thy feet grow golden
Do I wait to be born again to find you?
I arise at thy bidding and follow where you tread, destroyer and healer
There is no heart anymore but you
You are Ra in mid heaven
You are Kephra at midnight
You are my gnostic gem
In your arms we light up the dawn
Suppose I meditate on Aphrodite rising from the foam
Suppose I meditate on Bacchus and his crew
The elemental bull perhaps?
Visualise the old myths
Would any of this compare
I fear those days have passed
Silver baby hold me tight...