Monday, February 1, 2010

Heavenly collision

You lay in each and every sigh from my lips
I am reduced me to an all consuming ache
I am slayed
on your knees looking straight into my eyes
gently I shall take you
only to be covered in you
my lips are anticipating yours
I am smitten, adore, hate, lust and all
you keep me well
you are my Babylon
sweetest pain
I smile when the ache comes, but it hurts nonetheless.
I just sit here and play my bouzouki and watch you eat olives
massive dislike
written in pain
written in awe
telltale echoes
long-legged strut
stabbing spikes
spark inferno's rage
for warm honey walking
half step staccato
in a mid-stride drag
adds due emphasis
like a magnet to steel
and no less powerful
than warm honey-scent
pouting little stomp
With crossed arms flair
meant to punctuate
a wordless look
that flaunts a promise
of sweet honey sweet
you have captivated me
let me stand trembling before you
my precious caress is more savory than honey
I see you
reclined on the sofa
half clothed
eyes
half mast
tousled black tresses
caressing your shoulders
peacefully
sea serpents
and you know
you're not alone
the door that just flew open
blew the papers
off the table
the feral dog
baying in the distance
the june mist
lingering like a recent dream
the brass lamp
flickering, possessed
you see
you just felt
your legs go weak
when you tried to stand
didn't you
got dizzy
had to lie back down
you see
it's me
so let me rest your head
back on the pillow
and whisper
to you
tales of decadence
show you
galaxies
not yet imagined
let me gently
bring your eyes to
a close
as you drift off
and take my hand
as we breath
rarified air
and hear
the pipes of Pan
approaching
feel the drums
getting louder
dervishes
spinning faster
around the fire
crescendo building
virgins ululating
universe contracting
and expanding
in perfect time
with this
orchestra of flesh
a subatomic cataclysm
flashes of reds
yellows
oranges
golds
then
white light
infinite silence
bliss
and you awaken


Hows that for evasive poetics? My sweetest Solomon, you’ve always known which book to tap that opens the secret door behind the bookcase. You’ve seen quite a bit as I’ve shared with you the floor plan of this vast edifice I call home, and you are always free to roam, free to explore and discover the little treasures that await. This much desire cannot be paramount to ones health, I'm simply outta my mind for you today. Spent the afternoon walking into parked cars.

From the ashes rises...