Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Charted seas on your skin





















How many have we been my love?
Amphitrite and Poseidon
Pygmalion and Galatea
Tethys and Oceanus
Alpheus and Arethusa
Apollo and Daphne
Ariadne and Dionysos
Ceyx and Alcyone
Cupid and Psyche
Narcissus and Echo
Orpheus and Eurydice
Philemon and Baucis
Pyramus and Thisbe
Baucis and Philemon
Selene and Endymion
Perseus and Andromeda
The sea-green
The wave-swift
The redeeming mistress
The courageous mare
We sat encircled in sky and sea
Kicking our feet over a limitless ocean
The water went on and on
Deep blue, cupping and holding up a group of islands
Farther on, in a blue haze
The sea met the sky
Completing at the world's edge the blue globe around us
The sea completed and ruled us
Filled to brimming
You see things you never dream
You thought they were only in your mind
Then we met again
We were meant to meet
The gods were watching us this day
Guiding us
Fate stepped in and shoved us back together
O companion of old
Came to us bearing light in the hands
And now will guide you through the dark places
This world ain't strong enough
To keep us from each other
For we are kindred spirits
Born to become earthly lovers
We both feel it
I know it hurts
I feel our pain too
I am strong enough to continue this plight
You are me and I feel everything you feel
We are what we've been searching for
We found it baby
Shame will not win
Will not win
The course of true love never did run smooth
I am not ashamed to love you
Twinkled eyes like a King
Charted seas on your skin
Like a star
My darling man
I will never leave your side
I will take your hand and take it all on with you
Just be gentle with my heart
You own my soul
You are my twin, my reflection
I will not leave you
I will not allow you to fail
I will not let everything fall apart on you
Never doubt us my Lord
O' Oberon and Titania
O' Hermia and Lysander
O' Helena and Demetrius
Would life ever be the same now for either of us alone?
Our love
Is an old love baby
Its older now than all our years
We're written in the stars
And now here we are


We were chained by the rain to the pain of our love
We kissed and cried
Held 'neath the bars of the tangling stars
We were pinned by the might of the warrior night
And we kissed and cried
And we were alright