Monday, February 1, 2010

My hauntingly plaintive love song

Spark of my day
My sign of wonder
Soar with me
On our warm and sweetest breeze
That now blows through me
This is you
The afternoon comes
Each day is prayer time
Enlightened absolutism
Burning bright being
A moment with you is quiet, divine omnipresence, peace
Silence my thoughts
Oh my love, you blow me every way
Even when you feel the need to apologise
Don't, completely undone
I love that you make me laugh, I cry, I laugh, in awe
Thoroughly perplexed, you look right through me
Set my heart speeding away, I become speechless
A lazy afternoon with the sun just a hazy glow
I sit by a window and pass my idle hours away
You sit by me and time stands still
Yes I can see that you are vastly more clever than I
Afternoon becomes the eve, the stars appear
The night is warm, I sit staring at the sky
Memories of many days gone by
You flood my unsuspecting mind
Brutality of reason
As I try to envision all my tomorrows without you
The past sneaks up and holds me
Souls groan on this day
Any fool could be a witch with a runic knife
In my idle hours
If I stand before you
Naked, exposed, vulnerable
Would you turn away?
I have walked my spiritual path in several incarnations
Would you be able to look into my eyes, into my heart once again as you have before
Will fate bless us and leads us down the path of darkness, and hence forth ascend into the light
Atlantean decent, we migrated into the deluge
And see all that is there
Tell me, how much do you want to see?
Please, tell me, how do I show you me?
Do you know how ready I am to steal you away
If only for one night, lay with you, talk with you, stars and sea stealing us away
So we can talk without pretense, without worry
You may question me endlessly and I shall answer
We are them as they are us
We are as clouds, we veil the midnight moon
How restlessly they speed, gleam, quiver
Streaking the darkness so radiantly
Yet soon night closes round and they are lost for ever
You touched my soul from the very first day
Pulling me to you in every way
You feel the pull, just know that I'll be here
As your heart mends and when you are ready
When you have healed, just step inside this heart
That you have already sealed
For once inside me you will find all you've been missing
For such a long time, but you know this
Do not fear me and all I can give
Take a deep breath, baby
And let us live, guiding my weather worn soul out from the tempest
Into the light of your calmest eternal cove
Like a luna moth from a chrysalis
Flitting around our fields and beyond
You are finally free to remove the mask until you see yourself
As a spiritual being having a human experience, a wee bit of the universe
Manifesting itself as no one else but you
I'm stuck in a circle, I want to grow
To make beauty flow, at the same time destruction comes so naturally
I want to turn cold blood warm, winter is over, time to raise
You are a moon shine night upon these sanctified grounds

Do you see I cannot look into your eyes
You burn through me
I want to see you alone on that cliff
I love you..