Monday, May 2, 2011

Don't lame me baby strange..

The Enchantress casts her spell
In her sweet hot drift
She is answered by a spirit
Within the silent centre of her world
Is a familiar face that carries her safely home
My astral fox, please listen intently
And frozen ashes of a volcanic childlike world
All the ephemera which meld into eachother seamlessly
Incredibly disorienting the hollow world where I lived insphered
Hazy dazy existentialist
Blown to cosmic dust
How could I have trapped myself in that prison?
From the beginning and around my sleep
But how have I woven all the wondrous imagery
And infinite depths and unknown elements
Amassed into one impenetrable mask
How doth one reconcile all she knew
When faced with this new blinding reality
Passion makes echo taunt the sleeping strings
And I would send tales of forgotten love
Late into the lone night and singing wild songs
Of the deserted in the olden hours
And weep like a soft cloud in April's bosom
Upon the sleeping eyelids of the plants
So that perhaps it dreamed that Spring was come
And crept abroad into the moonlight air
And loosened all its limbs, as, noon by noon
The sun averted less his oblique beam
Was that little beach really there?
Poor Lady Jane no one cares
Diamond geez up in thin air
To the long and winding road
Dreams of worlds yet unknown
From Gozo to Catherine Bay
Chalkboard sidewalks and the street cafes
All those tears you shed
All the cries into the void
Promises made and so unkempt
What a wondrously long garden path
Just like the one you walked me down
The marvels amongst us along the way
I feel for it all you know
Poor Indian girl, baby Jarvis, little Singh
And, if my grief should still be dearer to me
Than all the pleasures in the world beside
Would you lighten it?
I offer only that which I seek
Some human sympathy on the lonely island
Oh once my friend
Once my brother
Once my lover
Once my beloved
What do I say?
My brain is dizzy, and I scarce know whether
Everything I speak has all semblence of fact
T'was once your safety through the long bitter night
Peace, perturbed heart
I am to thee only as thou to mine
The passing breeze which heals the brow at noon
And may strike cold into the breast at night
Yet cannot linger where it soothes the most
Or long soothe could it linger
But you said
You also loved?
And thou lovest not?
Oh would that I could claim exemption
From all the bitterness of that sweet name
I loved, I love, and when I love no more
Let joys and grief perish, and leave despair
The embodied vision of the brightest dream
Which like a dawn heralds the day of life
Listen to the children of tomorrow
All crying their everlasting tears
Hear them all covered in snow
Screaming endlessly in fear
Something strange is happening
Something is coming
The white witch told me so
The shadow of his presence made my world
All familiar things he touched
Became to me
Like forms and sounds of a diviner world
He was as is the sun in his fierce youth
As terrible and lovely as a tempest
Lay yourself open to peril
The strong scent of sorrow
Broken windows, torn pillows
A warning has finally arrived from the shallows
Alas! Why must I think how oft we two
Have satiated together under the rock ledge
Under the green pavilions of the nielsen Indian summers
Of wild-flower roots, and stumps of trees o'ergrown
With the Dryads and the Naiads
And you swam as she watched
Please surface each and every time
She'd hold her breath as you did
Sharing our breakfast as we spoke of the brilliant future
Spreads on the floor of the unbroken nymphaeum
Sad prophetess of sorrows not her own?
The crane returned to his frozen haunt
And on a wintry bough the widowed bird
Renewed the vigils of a sleepless sorrow
You left like her, and leaving one like her
Alike abandoned and abandoning
Whose love had made my sorrows dear to him
Even as my sorrow made his love to me
Amidst the cold relics of abandoned joy
I knew about this
Because I was the one whom they kissed
As they bowed naked around me
On the day of all whispers and cheers
From their lips I could sense the burning desire
Almost fooled me into undressing my pride
Our steps where the lovers would meet
To the blue water
Where they found in friendship what they lost in love
A parsley bay night in the pouring rain
Calypso wound her legs up to her chest
Save the cold and bite
Just like the churning sea
Just like you've done to me
That cannot be: yet it is strange that we
From the same scene
By the same path to this
Realms of abandonment
But speak your last breath
Your breath is like soft music
Your words are the echoes of a voice
Which on my heart sleeps like a melody of early days
He was so awful, yet
So beautiful in mystery and terror
Soothes the unquiet sea
For he seemed stormy
For such his thoughts, and even his actions were
But he was not of any of them, nor they of him
But as they hid his splendour from the earth
Some said he was a man of blood and peril
And steeped in bitter infamy to the lips
The tasks of ruin in the world of my life
Such a one
Is he who was the springtime of my peace
But, fairest stranger
Out of the eastern wilderness
If I be sure I am not dreaming now
I should not doubt to say it was all a dream
While love was lost and pain gained
Under the subtle heat of the autumnal sun
Crushed her hopes and turned cold
Moon siren
Still she could never understand
How a Queen goes down without her man...