Saturday, May 21, 2011

In the deeply dark when the wolves loom large

I hear a hand approaching
As I rise from my chair
Watching the door swing wide I take my leave
Stoic Boudicca streaks through the dawn
Triumphant soaring on boreal winds
Our goddess nevermore
He flashes bare, charming, of angular face
The sufferings we all share have made me wild
He said, he looked, he did nothing at all
Beyond his wont, yet it disordered me
Alas! I am forgetful of my duty
I should preserve my senses for my sake
My sweet child, you have no wound
'Tis only a cold dew that starts, 'tis yours to take
I swear to dedicate my cunning, and my strength
My silence, and whatever else is mine
To thy commands in a smile like triumph upon me
Then careless-wise and coming towards me
Of his hand against my bosom
We beseech thee O lord
Blade of his touch that raises my face to applaud him
Thou painted viper, beast that thou art
Yet he caresses my mouth with his fingers
God, I am caught in a snare
And down his mouth comes to my mouth
Once again laid bare
His dark bright eyes descend
Of sweet fires swept across me, and as I drown
Even of my sweet loves and thy knife
Has bereaved me of thy life
And with cold and shuddering fears
Let us agree to give up love
And root up this infernal grove
Then shall we return and see
The worlds of happy eternity
Seven sins weep night and day
And seven more lovers in my bed
Crown with twine this mournful head
Pitying and forgiving all
Thy transgressions great and small
If I must sigh to think that this shall be
To love you till your little race is run
Shall be my paths henceforth
I can die in peace, as ye will next to me..