Sunday, September 4, 2011

He learnt his song from the cosmic throngs...

Her bundle of fragments
She wandered like a day-appearing dream
Through the dim yet redolent wildernesses of the mind
Homeless, boundless, unconfined
Her soul she summoned to the winding ancient stair
Setting all her mind upon the steep ascent
Aloft the breathless petrichor of the starlit air
His sempiternal smile transfigured her
And left her heavier of thought but with an opulent heart
I pray thee give to me one, a love stronger than I
A moon to swallow the sun
May he be akin to a mischievous goat
Crisp as a thicket of thorns
With a collar of gold for his throat
A scarlet sash for his horns
The heavenly circuit of his stars
He drops gold from his infinite snows
Ineffably, utterly, tender
The mythical eyes of me swoon
With lust of rain to-morrow
I know your mellifluous eloquence
I saw you kiss the flowers
I saw you colour the flowers
You shall wear the crown
O moon, o secret sweet
Chalcedony clouds of caresses
About the flames of our feet
The mage and his wiles
A billion shapes in the sun
Look through to the heart of his heart
Winged we were, before time was
My, how we've flown...