Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eastern Spell

Before
I was exploring
Not interested in learning about myself
As much as I was eager to cram in all the wildness
Every decision seemed drenched in dark glamour
Oh and I hope I'm not going too fast for you
She is syrup, gold and light
Not too fast for you
Yes, I will be thy priestess, and build a fane
In some untrodden region of my mind
Where branched thoughts, new grown with pleasant pain
Instead of pines shall murmur in the wind
Far, far around shall those dark clustered trees
Fledge the wild ridged mountains steep by steep
And there by zephyrs, streams, and birds, and bees
And in the midst of this wide quietness
A rosy sanctuary will I dress
With the wreathed trellis
With buds, and bells
And stars without a name
With all the fancy gardener could feign
Who breeding glowers, will never breed the same
And there shall be for thee all soft delight
That shadowy thought can win
A bright torch, and a casement ope at night
To let the warm love in
Secret sounds of giant sea birds
Singing songs of lonesome sailors
Golden cats in temples only knowing
That the spell of time is his

O god, life is strange!
I love you my brother